Music Together® Mixed Ages Class
A forty-five minute family music class that is appropriate for children birth through age 5. Siblings can attend class together for a whole family experience.
"Hello" Try A Class
- A community of families sharing songs, instrument play, rhythm chants, and movement activities in a relaxed, playful, non-performance-oriented setting.
- Music learned through developmentally appropriate activities that support and respect the unique learning style of very young children.
- Infants, toddlers, and preschoolers participating at their own levels in family style classes of mixed ages.
- Parents and caregivers contributing to the enrichment of their child's musical environment - regardless of their own musical abilities.
- A new song collection every semester for three years, featuring great arrangements of original and traditional songs in a wide variety of tonalities, meters and cultural styles.
An introductory class designed for you to learn about the Music Together curriculum and if we are a good fit for your family.
Music Together Babies Class
We will sing, dance, play instruments and move together - all while respecting each child's temperament and learning style.
We provide a safe, developmentally appropriate, playful environment which best supports learning in very young children.
Any grown-up caregiver may bring the child to class and up to two grownups can attend anytime. We encourage each grownup to participate in the fun, but don't worry about your own ability to keep a beat or sing in tune- we are a safe place to relax and enjoy your own inborn love of music and play too.
The Music Together Babies Class will start you on the path to becoming a musical family. Designed for infants under eight months, this one semester introduction to Music Together allows babies to embrace, enjoy, and express their inborn musicality. In your weekly class you will spend 45 music filled minutes singing, dancing and playing with your child, all in the company of other parents and guided by your early childhood music specialist.
A favorite family tradition!
Join us for a 45 minute Family Singalong this season. We will sing, dance, and play through classic and new holiday music.
Family members of all ages are welcome to attend.
$15 for one child & family/ $20 for two or more children & family
Events @ ELSM
Classes and activities that support and egage families with young children. To suggest or add a class contact us.
Rhythm Kids Level I (ages 4-5)
Rhythm Kids™ Level I
Rhythm Kids Level II (ages 5-8)
Rhythm Kids Level I is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–5) with a parent or caregiver. Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids Level 1 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative.
Your child will:
• Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
• Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
• Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
Drums will be provided for the class each week, but if you’d like your child to have a drum to play with at home (and then continue to use in Level 2 classes!), please ask your teacher about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.
Rhythm Kids Level II is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 through 8). Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives.
Music Together Generations
• Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
• Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
• Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
• Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
• Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
• Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
• Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
This is an instrument-learning class, so your child will need a drum. Please ask your teacher about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.
The Generations music class is a Mixed-Age Music Together class with the sweetest twist: the addition of senior participants. Kids and their grownups visit their “Musical Grandfriends” at a local retirement home or senior center and spend time making music as a large extended family.
Regardless of age, spirits are lifted, learning across multiple domains is stimulated, and meaningful connections are made. Children and families, especially those without extended family nearby, discover the value of intergenerational relationships and become more comfortable engaging with older adults. Elder participants enjoy witnessing children’s joyful music-making and find a sense of purpose in being a part of young children’s learning, which combats isolation and depression.
Every Little Soul Music's Generations class is offered with our "Senior" Sisters of Charity of Seton Hill at the lovely Caritas Christi Center in Greensburg.
Drop-in Classes @ ELSM
One time class experiences for families in our community.
Music Together Online
$15 per family
While we know that in-person experiences are best for child development and social interaction, sometimes circumstances prevent that from being possible.
Music Together ONLINE is an interactive online program led by our early childhood music specialists.
Join us for LIVE online music-making and movement experiences through Zoom over 3x a week.
Plus on-demand content and a private FB group just for Families of Every Little Soul Music.
We will bring the music and activities that you know and love right into your homes using virtual platforms that all of our registered families can access. At-home materials including our beloved songbooks and digital download codes for our app and an at-home instrument kit are included.